Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Beginning is always fun!

OK! I have decided after a  little debate with myself that I will start a blog! I LOVE to create things from my own crafty mind and help of random pictures that I find and think, hmm, I bet I could make that and just figure it out! But there are people out there that need help figuring these things out so I figure I can help!
My step Daughters mother and I are really close. She actually just moved 2 blocks away and I love it! BUT she is always working and doesn't have time to craft it up so I have been helping her to decorate a little at a time (budget wise of course!) Here are a few of the little things that I have come up with so far! We painted her bathroom a turquoise color and her daughters room a pink and went from there! The first up is this amazing idea I saw a picture of and put my own twist on it!
The image is kinda off because I used my camera phone but you get the idea! It was so simple I laughed because I was scared at first! All I did was paint the back ground with a turquoise waited for it to dry, painted a tree with fun twisted limbs and let it dry. I did about 2 layers of both colors. then I got buttons from my Jo Ann Fabric store to match. It was a mixture of teal, turquoise, tans, Brown some green and a few wood buttons. I simply hot glues the buttons around the limbs in positions. I opted to lay out all the buttons before I glued them down so I could get the best arrangement! and done! very simple and a great way to create your own piece of art for any room! You can choose from ANY color pallet that suits your decorating need!

No comments:

Post a Comment